Monday 14 November 2011

Welding, filing and Sanding- Work in Progress

 Sanding and filing the chair in preparation for it to be painted.

The welded joins needed to be well filed and sanded to ensure a neat and consistant finish. Attention to detail is imperative in my chair design due to its simplicity of materials and construction.

 Close-up shot of my welding, grinding and sanding technique.

 The waving contour of the seat profile is evident in this picture. The steel dips and dives evoking a sense of movement and energy.
I opted to use a matte black primer to finish my chair- i think it produces a finish that is just as good as powdercoating and it allowed me to finish my chair without any external help from the workshop. Its affordable, convenient and only requires a couple of good coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment